Martock flooding update
Martock flooding update as at 0900 Friday 14th March 2014
This page will be close on Friday 14th March at 6pm. We hope you have found it useful
All local roads below (less Muchelney to Langport) are open
Situation within the Parish of Martock
- Stoke Road: open
- Parrett Works to South Petherton road: open
- Martock to Parrett Works: open
- Coat to Gawbridge: open
- Muchelney- Langport: closed
- Muchelney: Roads to/from Drayton, Thorney, Martock and Long Load are now open
- Thorney: River Parrett bridge open
- Gawbridge to East Lambrooke: open
- Gawbridge to Kingsbury Episcopi: open
- Higher Burrow to Hambridge: open
- Southay to Stembridge: open
- Southay to Kingsbury Episcopi: open
- Long Load: Church Lane leading to Wetmoor Lane open
- Long Load to Long Sutton: open
An Ordnance Survey map showing which local roads are currently flooded or closed can be downloaded below.
For a Somerset-wide flooding overview provided by Somerset County Council, including a map showing closed roads, please click here.
The latest Somerset Community update can be downloaded below along with advice from Western Power Distribution on electrical safety during flooding..
For further information from BBC travel news for Somerset please click here.
The Martock Emergency Plan has been amended to include specific procedures to deal with flood awareness, risk mitigation and safety issues. The documents below also provide some useful guidance and advice.
If you need sandbags, phone South Somerset District Council on 01935 462462.
For up-to-date flooding information call the Floodline on 0845 988 1188.
Depending on where you live you may be able to register your home with the Environment Agency for free telephone, text or email flood warnings. Please click here to sign up.