Martock flooding update
Martock flooding update as at 0900 Wednesday 30th February 2016
Situation within the Parish of Martock
- Stoke Road: open
- Parrett Works to South Petherton road: open
- Martock to Parrett Works: open
- Coat to Gawbridge: open
- Muchelney- Langport: open some minor flooding
- Muchelney - Drayton: open
- Muchelney - Thorney: open
- Muchelney to Long Load: open
- Thorney: River Parrett bridge: open
- Gawbridge to East Lambrooke: open
- Gawbridge to Kingsbury Episcopi: open
- Higher Burrow to Hambridge: open
- Southay to Stembridge: closed roadworks
- Southay to Kingsbury Episcopi: open
- Long Load: Church Lane leading to Wetmoor Lane: open
- Long Load to Long Sutton: open
An Ordnance Survey map showing, which local roads are currently flooded or closed can be downloaded below.
For BBC local weather click on: http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2642947
For a Somerset-wide flooding overview provided by Somerset County Council click here.
For advice on electrical safety during flooding see Western Power Distribution below.
For BBC travel news for Somerset click here.
Environment Agency flood alerts and advice. Depending on where you live you may be able to register your home with the Environment Agency for free telephone, text or email flood warnings. Please click here to view flood details and sign up procedures.
For up-to-date flooding information call the Floodline on 0845 988 1188.
If you need sandbags, phone South Somerset District Council on 01935 462462.
The Martock Emergency Plan, which can be found at the bottom of this page, includes specific procedures for dealing with flood awareness, risk mitigation and safety issues. The documents below also provide some useful guidance and advice.